HomeFree Video TutorialsFairy School TutorialClasses

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Collage and Paint


Hello All!
It has been a truly lovely day here.
The sun is out warming everything it touches.

My friend Sharon from Livewire Jewelry has long been
inspiring me with her beautiful collages.
She made me a beautiful one for Christmas,
and I was so inspired I created this one on watercolor paper.
I am not sure if this pic is blurry, lol!
To be honest, my eyes are so blurry today! 

 I was taken with the daisy tissue paper she
wrapped my extra birthday present in, as well as the 
silk ribbon and robin egg blue tissue paper.
so I wondered what I could make of the wrappings,
and this is what came forth.

Thank you Sharon for the inspiration that you are!

I have been "under the weather" these past few days.
So I have not been painting as much as I would like.


But they are coming along!
I am on the fourth layers. 

Are you shocked at the boldness, the bigness???

I am!
lol!

Big and bold has never been my style!
Yet, I have never had so much fun!
I will be sure to share them when they are finished,
no matter what they look like.
OMGoodness, I am making a brave commitment!
I consider all of you my friends on a creative journey together : )


 I hope you too, are having a creative weekend,
How do you step out of your creative comfort zone?

 Hugs,
Terri



20 comments:

Createology said...

Healing energy to you my friend. Your collage is lovely. I adore how you used what so many people would have thrown in the trash. You are honoring your art and your friend's gifts to you. Wow! I have not seen your paintings before and they are amazing. Get rest and feel better dear...

Maminka Girl - Loribeth Robare said...

Beautiful work Terri. It is always fun to break from our usual style!

Maminka Girl - Loribeth Robare said...

Beautiful work Terri. It is always fun to break from our usual style!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Hope you feel better soon! I loveeeeeee am loving these ... gorgeous!!!

The Junque Seeker said...

Hope you're feeling much better soon, and glad to see you're having a bit of fun anyway! The sunshine helps so much, doesn't it?

suziqu's thread works said...

HelLo dearest Terri
Your collage inspired by Sharon's offerings is just gorgeous! I know how special those little bits and pieces are that come with gifts from friends as there are a multitude of uses for them in our creations! I'm sure she will be delighted I'm sure!
Love the background effect with your paints. There is absolutely no blurriness that I can see!!!

Speaking of which that huge painting is really coming along sweetie! Take your time and enjoy.

There really is time for everything under heaven as we travel our creative journey - some days up and some days not so up!

Loving thoughts and warm hugs,
Suzy

johala said...

Hello Terri
What you create can be surprising even for you. It's allways a part of you, maybe you never saw before!
Don't worry about what the others think about, the most important is the pleasure you have to make it!
Hugs and kisses

Marjanne said...

oh Terri I love it! it is just beautiful and I am looking forward seeing you painting finished! Love from Paris in spring!

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi Terri,
hope you will feel better soon. Your collage came out lovely.
Have a wonderful Sunday.
Hugs,
Marie

K J D said...

Hope you are soon feeling better...

I LOVE your collage - all the gorgeous details. I especially love the colour combination.

Your big bold art!!!!! Wow!!!!
What a surprise to see that on your blog! It's fantastic - looking forward to see where it goes :)

Karen x

Anne Payne said...

WOW!!! Your collage is gorgeous! I wish I could make such a lovely page. Bravo to you for trying something bold in your art work. It's beautiful! I love the different angles and shapes, and the colors are some of my favorites. Have a blessed Lord's day!

Sandy said...

I sure do hope you are feeling better - your art work is gorgeous!
sandy

Frieda Oxenham said...

Sorry to hear you've not been well. Hope you'll soon recover. Love the colllage and also the beautiful painting!

Linda Kunsman said...

your collage is just beautiful Terri- wonderful composition and textures. Of course I do love the bits of red added in:):) I love seeing you immerse yourself and stepping out to work on big and bold canvases-you're really making very eye pleasing art in these-keep up the good work and feel better soon.

Erica said...

This is a beautiful collage!!! And I can't wait to see how the paintings come out.

Jann said...

Fun post-love your collage! Hope you feel better soon!

Beth in NEPA said...

I love your collage. The colors are bold, bright and draw you right in. I love seeing what new direction your art takes you.

Sugar Lump Studios said...

Love your beautiful collage and the colors are gorgeous!

Sugar Lump Studios said...

Love your beautiful collage and the colors are gorgeous!

CatieAn said...

Terri
your collage is beautiful and sweet. I love the way you used left overs.
Isn't it fun to challenge oneself to step out of the box we put ourselves in?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...